Virginia Tech Sustainable Food Corps is a registered student organization at Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, established in 2009.
Our Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/SFCGarden
To promote economic development within our community, to support a resilient, sustainable, locally-owned food system which provides improved citizen access to local and regional food.
- enable local and regional food producers to meet more of our state’s food needs by ensuring that Virginia Tech, the largest university in the state, sources and prioritizes local and regional foods to the best of its ability
- Retain more of the value that’s added to our agricultural products in Virginia communities
- Improve all of our citizen’s access to affordable, healthy, and nutritious food
- Reconnect Virginia’s rural and urban economies
- Enhance stewardship of Virginia’s natural resources